Thursday, May 27, 2010

SLGA Amateur Open 2010

hi all ! haven't updated for quite a few days because i was taking part in the SLGA Amateur Open 2010 played at my home course. the old course of Singapore Island Country Club. it was a tough 3 days of play where half of the holes were played off the white tees and we were under the torment of the hot sun.

it's my first 3 day tournament since i started on this journey towards improving my golf and i played a fantastic golf score of 87, 87 and 88 to come in 6th place in the A division and won a small trophy :)

learnt alot from the experience and now it is clearer which areas i need to work on in order to bring my scores to the next level. i know that each day i could have saved at least 5 shots if i had putted better, aimed correctly at the target and pitched or chipped a bit better. so these are the areas i will need to work on :)

i find that playing on the course more in the past 2 weeks has helped me to be better at managing my game on the golf course so that is what i will continue to do in order to build up confidence in my short game to score better

No comments:

Post a Comment