Thursday, May 20, 2010

more refreshing sleep

i used to have trouble falling asleep, sometimes even when i'm tired. and then morning time comes around and i can't drag myself out of bed. even with 12 hours of sleep, i can still feel lethargic and unable to open my eyes.
i suspected it was because my room is partitioned by built-in wardrobes that block my bed from the windows so it's really dark at night. but the downside is that i often can't really tell if the sky is still dark or if the sun is shining brightly outside.

but ever since i started using mental imagery before sleep. i find myself sleeping soundly with ease (i think i might even sleep with a smile on my face). and i also feel more energetic when it's time to wake up :) i spring out of bed (comparative to dragging myself out)

before i go to sleep, i lie on my bed, relaxed and imagine myself on the golf course. sometimes i just picture myself hitting great shots and sometimes i see myself playing the course. i watch myself hit fantastic shots with a smooth and complete swing, then feel the emotions and satisfaction of seeing the ball fly toward my target. i always have a big smile after hitting an awesome shot

i used to find it a chore to see things in my mind. but with practice and determination, it is becoming easier to feed my subconscious mind with wonderful images.

then when i'm on the golf course, i feel more confident when i'm about to hit the ball, which results in a good shot more often

yayyy

1 comment:

  1. This is such an awesome post! I LOVE using visualization! It is SO powerful especially before going to sleep.

    Thank you so much for posting it!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete