Monday, May 17, 2010

mental images take practice

i admit i am guilty of beating myself up on the golf course. giving up around hole 5 of the golf game is my forte and then i have to spend a good 3 holes trying to convince myself that i have the potential to play better as long as i find confidence.
i admit i am guilty of giving up on my routine when i play badly telling myself its no point and doing something different might actually be good for my game. and if i'm gonna play the same score anyway, whats the point in putting so much effort.

i resolve to play every golf game with conviction and commit to visualizing my shot and seeing it land at the spot i have chosen. i resolve to spend more walking time on the golf course feeling what its like to hit great shots. hearing the sound of the putt dropping into the cup.

it wasn't easy but i was able to channel my mind to do it about 85-90% of the game. i still finished the round with a score of 89 but i can really feel my game improving. when it all clicks together then i'll really be in business.

i think it takes time to train up seeing imagery in your head. maybe all the good players already know this. it all seems vaguely familiar but now i am certain that even though its not easy, i will be able to do it easily and effortlessly if i stick to the process and keep thinking that i am a great player.

when i feel like a great player, i can play like one.

think good swing thoughts: smooth and simple swing with good rhythm.
think "sa-wish swish"

No comments:

Post a Comment