Sunday, May 16, 2010

don't think about the score

i don't know whether to thank or scold the person who told me not to think about my golf score. on one hand it made me feel numb to whether i hit a par or a double bogey. it also made me have more time to think about how bad my putting is. on the other hand, it also took away the jitters when i hit the ball.

i suspect that in trying to not think about the score, i totally switched my mind off the game and lost all confidence in my golfing ability. aiish. maybe thats why i played so badly today. however, i can't really say its that bad because i didn't hit any horrible shots with my woods. you know the kind that you just pops up and runs 50metres along the ground?
maybe the problem is just that i forgot to have good foot work and returned to my bad habit of dropping my right hip.

why is the golf swing so challenging if it's meant to follow a natural swing plane. it should be something natural right. then why is my right hip still doing unnatural things ?

i can hardly recall my strokes. is it ok to just forget today's game happened and believe and remember only the good games i've played?

i've also tried a new way of keeping my stats on the golf course. a method of ticking and crossing that also helps to take your mind off the score and just trying to get ticks. yesterday's 'tick-sheet' had more crosses than ticks. but today's one is worse because there are so many many crosses. eek i think seeing the number of crosses further aggravated my lack of confidence

oh well, it is something to learn from.
if i only remember one phrase from my time at adam khoo's course, it's that "there is no such thing as failure, only learning experiences"

i was actually hitting the ball quite well. not hitting it thin but slightly fat instead today. my distance improved but direction was really horrible. maybe i was trying a different golf ball thats why the distance was longer. hmmm

jiayou lim shuyan ! you can do it !

but for now i feel like curling up and going to sleep. the rain outside goes pitter patter and seems to be hypnotising me not to think about my golf and just go sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment