Monday, April 26, 2010

positive image in golf

projecting a positive image of yourself is all about appearance, behaviour and communication. but if I were to sum it up in one word it would be communication because the way you dress and behave is also communicating who you are to the people around you. Your image is the way you market yourself.

At university we often talked about branding ourselves or thinking of ourselves as a brand. think perez hilton and everything about him and his website that makes him so unique.

positive image is important when going for interviews but it is also very important on the golf course and at the golf club.

I aim to project a friendly but hardworking image when I play golf but I know that sometimes I go into this moody zone and look really unfriendly and unapproachable. I'm still looking for a way to be cheerful when I'm demoralized without having to cover up how I feel.

if I were a golfing celebrity then maybe I'd have to be all smiles all the time but I'm sure some people would call me 'so fake'. You can never please everyone.

good looking people are often more marketable in terms of jobs but in golf its more important to be well groomed, dress smartly and neatly, have confidence and carry yourself well on and off the course in order to gain respect and recognition.

To leave a positive impression on golfers at the golf club and on the golf course, be consistent in the way you portray yourself. That is, dress as you want to be seen. Talk in a way (tone and volume) that you want to be heard. Act in a way you want to be remembered.

We can always dream of being admired from afar and that is possible if you leave people with a good impression.

to top it off, the most important accessory is a big big smile. Share it with all.

No comments:

Post a Comment