Saturday, April 10, 2010

i resolve never to give up on myself and my golf again

i know it probably sounds funny when you hear a girl saying she likes housework because in this day and age especially in singapore, it doesn't seem that easy to find girls who are first of all willing to do housework and even if they do it, seldom do they actually enjoy it. maybe because my mom was never a house-work type of woman, good habits of cleaning up my room and study table were never really cultivated since young. and we always had house help so my room was never so messy. even when i was studying in melbourne, i didn't have as much stuff as i do in my house now. so i find my room often getting cluttered easily. probably due to a lack of a good system to put my stuff when i come home such as my gym bag, things i buy etc

i just cleared up the basket of clean clothes that have been lying around for about a week. and then i swept and mopped the floor. waah i feel so refreshed seeing my floor clear of stuff. i read that because i'm born in the year of the snake (according to the chinese calendar), i'm more likely to clutter up the floor, leave things lying all over the place such that only a snake would be able to slither and maneuvre through the mess.

anyway, i find that my life gets more and more out of control when my room is messy. and that includes my golfing progress. but i find it very very troublesome to do laundry. first you have to put the clothes in the machine, take them out to hang (which reminds me that i need to go do that now) and then take them in the next day, whenever i'm next free, or when someone else wants to hang their clothes. troublesome !! cos i then have to fold/iron/hang up/organise the clean clothes into my various cupboards after that. so many steps. grrr

however, the benefit of doing all this and cleaning up my room is that i always feel better and more clear-headed when i see a neat and clean room. Therefore, i resolve to keep my floor clear of stuff and maintain neat-ness in my room. because the look of my room affects my mood, this resolution directly means that i resolve never to give up on myself and my golf again. it's a tough journey but i cannot give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment