Monday, April 26, 2010

the only time is now - it's your present

too often we think we'll do something after we lose weight, after we play better golf, after we do something else or another. it's like you always have to wait till you're better to do something. I was like that.

i'm waiting till i shoot better scores to play with other people. waiting to break 80 to book that flight to Shanghai. waiting till i'm happy with my iron shots to go on holiday. waiting waiting waiting. always waiting and then waiting some more. waiting to sleep before midnight before waking up at 6am. waiting to feel motivated before practicing harder. it's as though i'm reinforcing the idea that i'm not good enough.

sports psychology books remind you to play in the present. in golf you can only think one shot at a time. every shot presents an opportunity to change your mindset. changing the way you feel only takes a second, its a mental choice to smile when something bad happens, it's a decision to keep calm in a frustrating situation.

Today i learnt in a new way how to love myself in the present regardless of what happens. i love myself when i shoot 93, i love myself when i knife my pitches, i love myself when i top my irons, i love myself when i miss simple putts. i'm understanding better the concept of loving myself unconditionally and bringing it into my golfing journey.

I shall not live in fear anymore, i live in LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment