Thursday, July 8, 2010

someone told me to be more aggressive

i'm too calm and cool on the golf course. it seems like there is a small minority of amateurs that are able to keep their cool after hitting a bad shot. i would like to believe i am in that minority group of golfers that are able to let go of the bad shot and move forward. yes i analyse what went wrong, then i try to commit to memory not to commit the same error in a similiar situation should it arise in the future.

but maybe i'm too calm these days. there isn't a raging competitive fire when i play with other golfers because i know that the real competition i have is with myself. i am competing against the golf course and not my flight mates so although it is good to use good golfers as a benchmark for myself i can't just compare my score and theirs.

i got annoyed on one hole where i kept duft-ing my pitch shots. from 30m: i went into a bunker from the rough., then barely got out of the bunker (still not on the green), then as i was about to scold myself for being such an idiot, i hit an amazing 15 punch that bounced right into the hole. save for bogey !

i'm considering turning up the heat a teensy weensy bit when i'm playing so that i'm playing at the optimum amount of 'arousal' (which means level of intensity) to play well.

No comments:

Post a Comment