Friday, July 16, 2010

feel like i really haven't updated in ages

i think it's about time i wrote a new post !
i'm getting lazy with updating because i haven't been feeling psyched about my golf improvement .
but.... i'm pleased to announce that i am making progress on figuring out how to have a better short game that is more accurate and goes the distance that i want it to.

at this point of my golf improvement cycle, i think it has to do with figuring out what works best for me while incorporating good technique in order to be consistent.

building upon my previous notion of 'acceleration' through impact, i have now figured out better how to keep a square clubface through impact so that the ball goes to where i want it to (in the right direction). i've been having problems with my pitches flying about 5-10m to the right.

this is what i discovered and thus need to be more aware of in order to reach a higher level

1.club face must be square to target during setup
-it is challenging for me because the open stance makes me tend to open my clubface. *make sure club is alligned towards point chosen in front of ball to aim towards

2. correct wrist angle at top of backswing
-feel like the face is getting shut

3. accelerate on the downswing in a smooth action along the right plane
-don't drop the club under the plane (having to flip wrists over at impact)
-don't rotate shoulders too far around on follow through or the ball will cut to the right (finish with arms in front of body)

No comments:

Post a Comment