Tuesday, March 30, 2010

golf biomechanics swing analysis

i did a biomechanics swing analysis recently. i got all plugged into this machine with sensors put around my head, my chest, my waist etc

i was hoping to find a miraculous way of hitting my new nakashima irons better. i had been topping all my shots ever since i got them.

main thing i discovered was that i had bad posture. i hyperextend which means that in pulling my shoulders back, i arch my back which is not good i guess. so we spent the rest of the hour improving my posture.

i have to pull my shoulders back while tucking my pelvis toward my belly button and also bend my neck downwards.

i think i tend to stretch my neck upwards when i stand and my sister's friend once commented that i look very proud. probably because of me elongating my neck so i seem to be sticking my nose up in the air. haha

been working on this new posture which puts less pressure on my shoulders which have been tight for a long long time (such that it's painful when i massage it) and get more rotation through my back muscles which are the big muscles in the body

although mark says that i should have gotten a print out with all sorts of numbers such as hip rotation, spine rotation and all other angles and stuff. i didn't.
i still feel it has benefited me and my golf swing :)

my shoulders have been less tight and i am finding it easier to get into a good posture and still make a good swing. yay for me !!


No comments:

Post a Comment